Under Global Settings it's possible to protect all cameras with a global username and password.
With manual file editing it's also possible to protect individual cameras with a private username and password:
- The files to be edited can be located through ContaCam's Settings - Browse Config/Log Files menu entry.
- Go to ContaCam's Global Settings and enter a unique Area Name, User Name and Password for your private camera. Check Secure Authentication, press Ok. Make a copy of
httpd_pw.txtand rename it to
- Go to ContaCam's Global Settings and restore your previous security settings. Press Ok.
httpd_conf_editable.txtwith notepad and paste the following text into it:
- In the pasted text replace:
- CAMERA_NAME with your camera name configured in Camera Basic Settings dialog.
- PASSWORDFILE_PATH with the path of the above created
httpd_pw_cameraname.txtfile (please include the full path with extension).
- AREANAME with the chosen Area Name.
httpd_conf_editable.txtand restart ContaCam.
- Repeat 1. - 6. for each private camera using a different name for the
httpd_pw_cameraname.txtfile and a different Area Name.
httpd_conf_editable.txtsurvives ContaCam's updates.