- Framerate is to change the number of frames per second. Higher rates will result in smoother videos but will consume more memory and increase the CPU load. If this field is disabled, then it's necessary to set the framerate in the network / ip camera's web interface.
- Pre buffer is to configure the amount of video data stored before a recording event.
- Post buffer is to configure the amount of video data stored after a recording event ends.
- Drop shorter than is handy to filter out short movements.
- Split longer than can be adjusted to split a recording sequence into multiple files and to limit the buffer size (default value is 1000 frames).
- Flip-H and Flip-V will mirror the video source horizontally and vertically (to rotate by 180° check both).
- Source Settings is enabled for capture cards and USB / DV cameras. It displays the camera proprietary general settings dialog.
- Size & Format can be called to change the wanted video size, format or compression.
- TV Tuner opens the analog TV tuner dialog.
- Input Select is used to choose the input of an analog video capture device.
- Enable audio recording together with video.
- Listen to hear and check the live audio.
- For RTSP Network / IP cameras get the audio from the stream.
- For USB cameras use the Source button.
The Mixer button is to regulate the levels of the USB cameras.
- Always enabled: turns off the scheduler and always enables recordings.
- Enabled: choose From → To, on the selected days, the recordings are to be enabled.
- Disabled: choose From → To, on the selected days, the recordings are to be disabled.
For an example see schedule during non-working hours.
- Full video stores the complete sequence in .mp4 format. Quality will impact the video appearance of the saved files. Higher qualities result in bigger files with better visual quality.
- Small video stores a summary of the full video with the configured size.
- Under Take each the live snapshot rate is set (that's also the web interface live view rate). Usually 1 second rate is fine; setting this to Fast will result in a more fluid preview.
Attention: the Fast rate has a higher network bandwidth usage and writes more frequently to your Hard Disk / SSD.
- Press the Thumbnail Size button to adjust the live snapshot thumbnail size (that's also the web interface live view size).
- It can be chosen when to execute the command: 1. With the first frame on Recording start, 2. After the Recording saving is done, 3. When the Live snapshots saving is done or 4. After the Daily summary saving finished.
- Under Cmd provide the full path of an executable.
- Under Params fill the optional parameters.
- Hide window of executed command can be checked if the window of the program has to be hidden.
- Only one instance of executed command makes sure that the previously executed program is not still running.
Examples: instructions for the available variables and full working examples are provided here.
Reduce false detections
- In the menu of the red dot record button decrease the Motion Sensitivity to 40, 30 or 20.
- Increase Drop shorter than to 2-4 sec (see above under Video section).
- With the Zones (Mask) designer (red rectangles button) remove zones or set zones relative sensitivities. For example if a relative sensitivity of 50 % is chosen, then all clicked zones will have half the motion sensitivity set under the red dot record button.