Snapshots are always taken full size + thumbnail size and stored as jpeg files in camera's folder. The snapshots are not only employed when the camera is configured for Snapshots usage in Camera Basic Settings dialog, they are also displayed in the web interface's top-right live preview for the Movement detection surveillance usage.
- Snapshot each sets the snapshots rate. It's possible to shot faster than each second by choosing a value smaller than 1. For example configuring 0.5 will produce a snapshot stream of 2 fps.
Attention: changing the camera usage in Camera Basic Settings dialog will restore the default snapshot rate for the chosen usage.
- Thumbnail Size sets the size of the snapshot thumbnails (applies to both manual and live snapshots).
Attention: changing the camera usage in Camera Basic Settings dialog will restore the default thumbnail size for the chosen usage.
- JPEG Quality configures the quality of the saved images (applies to both manual and live snapshots).
Note: higher values produce better quality but also bigger files.
- Ftp Settings calls the FTP server configuration dialog.
- Enable Snapshots from the given start time to the given end time.
- Open file after manual snapshot has to be checked to open the stored jpeg file (full size version) after pressing the manual snapshot button in the bottom toolbar.
Note: if not checked a notification dialog is shown about the saving.
- Full size & Thumbnail File Names is to change the live snapshot file names for both full size and thumbnail size snapshots.
- Ftp Upload will upload both full size and thumbnail size live snapshots to the above configured FTP server.
Snapshot History as JPEGs
- Enable to retain all the saved snapshots under the current day's folder.
- Ftp Upload is checked to store them all on the above configured FTP server.
Snapshot History as Daily Video
- Enable to generate a full size and a thumbnail size video from the snapshots produced during the day.
- Ftp Upload is checked to store both files on the above configured FTP server.
- Framerate is to tune the play speed of the created daily videos.