- Start with Windows will run the program when a user logs in to Windows. Remember to setup your Windows to automatically login otherwise when starting the computer ContaCam will not run as log as the login screen is displayed.
- Tray Icon option shows a little icon in the tray region and leaves the programm running when clicking the top-right closing cross button (to terminate ContaCam in Tray Icon mode use File - Exit).
- Run as Service if useful to run ContaCam even if not logged in. In service mode if the program has not to be used often it's better to uncheck both Tray Icon and Start with Windows. To adjust the configurations in service mode, start the ContaCam program window, make the changes and close it (the service will immediately restart with the new settings). Note that administrator rights are necessary to install the service so that under Vista or higher a prompt may be shown. Blank passwords can be a problem for the service installation. There are two solutions:
- Create a password for your account
LimitBlankPasswordUseto 0 under the following registry key:
- Always on Top can be useful when you want the ContaCam window be above all other windows.
- Delay cameras autostart by the given amount of seconds will wait that amount before starting the configured cameras.
- Simultaneous Saving has to be set to 1 in case that ContaCam gets instable while running cameras with resolutions greater than Full HD (1920x1080).
Parent Directory of all Cameras
This option is to change the cameras storage location. Setting a new path will move all your existing videos. Note that the storage location is only configurable globally for all cameras.
Note: because of web server constraints it's not possible to change the location for individual cameras. Advanced users can create junctions, symlinks or setup a command, see the Backup Files button in Camera Advanced Settings.
- Enable Internal Web Server is usually checked. Advanced users can employ another web server supporting PHP by disabling this check box and correctly filling the Ports used by the other web server.
- Ports are set by default to 8800 and 8443 (secure connection). If wished and if not conflicting with other servers they can be changed to their standard values which are 80 and 443 (secure connection).
- User Name and Password have to be filled if wishing a protected web interface. Note that individual cameras can also be secured, please read this.
- SSL Certificate and SSL Private Key can be changed if not wishing the ContaCam self-signed certificate.