- Start with Windows will run the program when a user logs in to Windows. Remember to setup your Windows to automatically login, for example by not setting a Windows password.
- Tray Icon option shows a little icon in the tray region and leaves the programm running when clicking the top-right closing button (to terminate ContaCam in Tray Icon mode use File - Exit).
- Run as Service is to keep running ContaCam and recording even if not logged in. When enabling the Service mode it's better to uncheck both Tray Icon and Start with Windows. To adjust the configurations, start the ContaCam program window, make the changes and close it so that the service will immediately restart with the new settings. Blank passwords can be a problem for the service installation, there are two solutions:
- Either create a password for your account
- or set the DWORD32
LimitBlankPasswordUseregistry value to 0 under the following key:
- Always on Top can be useful if you want the ContaCam window to be above all other windows.
- Delay cameras autostart by the given amount of seconds will wait that amount before starting the configured cameras.
Parent Directory of all Cameras
This option is to change the cameras storage location. Setting a new path will move all your existing videos. Note that the storage location is only configurable globally for all cameras.
Note: because of web server constraints it's not possible to change the location for individual cameras. Advanced users can create junctions, symlinks or setup a command, see the Backup Files button in Camera Advanced Settings.
- Enable Internal Web Server is usually checked. Advanced users can employ another web server supporting PHP by disabling this check box and correctly filling the Ports used by the other web server.
- Ports are set by default to 8800 and 8443 (secure connection). If not conflicting with other servers they can be changed to their standard values 80 and 443 (secure connection).
- User Name and Password can be filled to protect the web interface. Note that individual cameras can also be secured, please read this.
- SSL Certificate and SSL Private Key can be changed if not wishing the ContaCam self-signed certificate.
- Experts can verify the web server startup
httpd_log.txtor add apache custom configurations in