For a stable and reliable ContaCam system the recording speed of all cameras must be above 1.00x and the Windows page file should NOT be disabled (best is to leave the Windows default which is a system managed page file).
If a computer is far below the ContaCam hardware specifications then only low video resolutions (640x480 or less) and framerates (5 fps or less) will work.
log.txt file opened with Settings - View Log File keeps track of all the possible problems.
Recording Speed Adjustment
When a camera cannot real-time save then the REC speed pane flashes showing a value below 1.00x. The pane shows the currently slowest speed among all running cameras. Increase the recording speed employing one of the following methods:
- Enable Fast save under Camera Advanced Settings.
- If available reduce the framerate under Camera Advanced Settings.
- For network cameras it should be possible to reduce the framerate in the camera web interface.
- If there is no way to reduce the framerate, then increase the Recording framerate divider under Camera Advanced Settings.
- If available reduce the video resolution with the Size & Format button under Camera Advanced Settings.
- For network cameras it should be possible to reduce the video resolution in the camera web interface.
After each adaptation restart ContaCam and test the recording speed anew by saving 15-20 sec of video.