Here are explained the ways to control ContaCam's recording state / sensitivity without the user interface. It is possible to live control ContaCam while it is running, but also when it is not running.
Note: as only a file inside the camera folder is used to communicate, it works also in service mode, even if not logged on into Windows.
This file controls the recording state / sensitivity, it is found under each camera folder and contains a value between 0 and 100 with the following meaning:
0: REC OFF
10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90: increasing motion detection sensitivity
100: continuous REC
This file is found under each camera folder and is used to write to CAMERA_REC_SENSITIVITY.txt by passing a value between 0 and 100 as parameter.
The typical application for this file is to change the recording state / sensitivity at certain moments. The Windows Task Scheduler is very flexible and can trigger that file whenever you want. Let's see how to setup a Basic Windows Task Scheduler entry to turn ON the motion recording with a sensitivity of 50 at 07:00.
1. Type "task scheduler" into the Windows search box and click the appearing entry
2. Under the Actions window click Create Basic Task...
3. Give a Name describing what it does
4. Select when to start the task
5. Set the time
6. Choose to start a program
7. In ContaCam's Camera Advanced Settings dialog copy the control batch file path
8. Paste the copied path into the Task Wizard
9. As argument set the wished sensitivity
10. Click Finish
11. Repeat steps 2 to 10 to turn the recording OFF using an argument of 0 at another time
12. Optionally change the task entry to run also when not logged on into Windows
Double-click the listed task entries visible in step 11. to edit their settings. In General tab switch to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and confirm pressing OK. Now in the appearing dialog provide your credentials.
Note: this adaptation helps also hiding the command window that shows when the task gets executed by the scheduler.
Another application is to trigger a recording through an external PIR detector.
A. Start/stop PIR detector attached to the computer which on detection-start increases the sensitivity through the following command:
"C:\ContaCam\My Camera\CAMERA_REC_SENSITIVITY.bat" 100
and on detection-stop decreases it running the following command:
"C:\ContaCam\My Camera\CAMERA_REC_SENSITIVITY.bat" 0
B. Start only PIR detector attached to the computer which on detection executes the following .bat file:
call "C:\ContaCam\My Camera\CAMERA_REC_SENSITIVITY.bat" 100
timeout /T 5
call "C:\ContaCam\My Camera\CAMERA_REC_SENSITIVITY.bat" 0
Note: adapt the timeout line according the wished length of the recording in seconds.