Under Global Settings it's possible to protect all cameras with a global username and password.
With manual file editing it's also possible to protect individual cameras with a private username and password:
- Turn off the global password protection in Global Settings dialog by clearing both User Name and Password.
- The files to be edited can be found by clicking on Settings - Global Settings - Open location of httpd_conf_editable and httpd_log.
- Open a command prompt and change directory to the folder mentioned in point 2.
- In the command prompt type the following line to create a password file for your camera:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ContaCam\microapache\htpasswd.exe" -c httpd_pw_cameraname.txt username
httpd_conf_editable.txtand append the following:
<Location "/Camera Name">
AuthName "Camera Name"
- In the above pasted text set the correct camera name and the full path to httpd_pw_cameraname.txt.
httpd_conf_editable.txtand restart ContaCam.
- Repeat 2. - 7. for each private camera.
httpd_conf_editable.txtsurvives ContaCam updates.