At home / company access your cameras by typing
http://localhost:port in your internet browser and from away follow this:
- The installer already added an exception to your Windows Firewall. If you are using another firewall allow the web server port through your firewall.
- Port forward the web server port to the computer where ContaCam is installed. Enter the web interface (usually reachable from a browser through http://192.168.1.1) of your router / modem to configure that. Check the router / modem users manual for port forwarding and read this.
- With the following online tool make sure port forwarding is working.
- Now it's possible to reach the camera(s) from the internet through your public IP with
http://a.b.c.d:portwhere a.b.c.d is your public IP (read your public IP here).
- If your public IP is dynamic (changing sometimes) you better subscribe to a free dynamic IP service like http://www.no-ip.com and install their client software on your computer. After that's done it's possible to access the camera(s) from anywhere through
Note: get the web server port number from ContaCam's Global Settings dialog.