If a network camera keeps restarting displaying from time to time the Cannot connect to camera message or if the video stream shows smearing or other artifacts, then do the following to solve your problem.
- If using a wifi connection make sure the wireless signal is acceptable. If the signal quality is poor install another wifi access point or if that's not possible install a wifi repeater (wireless range extender).
- Update the camera firmware, the computer network card drivers and the wifi access point / wifi repeater firmware.
- In camera web interface lower the used bandwidth (bitrate usually in kbps or Mbps).
- Reduce the camera frame-rate and/or video resolution (if not possible in ContaCam do that in camera web interface).
- For RTSP cameras try to switch to TCP: