If a camera is capturing with ContaCam on COMPUTER1 it possible to connect to this camera from another ContaCam running on COMPUTER2.
Note: this second computer can also be the same computer so that we can use a single camera in two different modes or with two different settings.
- In ContaCam of COMPUTER2 open the Capture - Network / IP Camera dialog and under Address enter the following URL:
- Replace COMPUTER1 with the host name or ip address of COMPUTER1
- Replace PORT1 with the port set in ContaCam's Global Settings of COMPUTER1
- Replace CAMERA_NAME with the name of the camera you want to connect to
- If a frame-rate greater than 1 fps is needed set Take a snapshot each in Camera Advanced Settings of COMPUTER1 to a value smaller than 1 sec
- If a lower resolution is wanted modify the above mentioned links to
push.php?thumb=yesand set the wanted Thumbnail Size in Camera Advanced Settings of COMPUTER1