- The installer already added an exception to your Windows Firewall. If you are using another firewall allow the ContaCam web server port through your firewall.
- In the web interface of your router/modem port forward the ContaCam web server port to the computer where ContaCam is installed. Check the router/modem users manual for port forwarding or read this.
- With the following online tool make sure that the forwarded port is open.
- Now it's possible to reach the camera(s) from the internet through your public IP with
http://a.b.c.d:portwhere a.b.c.d is your public IP (read your public IP here).
- If your public IP is dynamic (changing sometimes) you better subscribe to a free dynamic IP service like freedns and install their client software on your computer or configure the update url in your router/modem. After that's done it's possible to access the camera(s) with the chosen name (remember to specify the ContaCam web server port in the url).
Note: get the ContaCam web server port number from ContaCam's Global Settings dialog.