ContaCam supports any PC running one of the operating systems outlined here; for an optimized setup follow these hardware specs:
- For a 1 camera usage a single or a dual core processor is right.
- For 2 cameras a dual core processor is a minimum.
- For more than two cameras you should have 1.5 x cores per camera:
- If you have 3 cameras a CPU with 1.5 x 3 = 4 cores is suggested.
- If you have 4 cameras a CPU with 1.5 x 4 = 6 cores is suggested.
- If you have 5 cameras a CPU with 1.5 x 5 = 8 cores is suggested.
- Calculate 2 - 4 GB of RAM per camera.
Attention: do not disable the page file, ContaCam buffers the video frames first in RAM and then on the page file, for longer motion detection sequences it's really necessary to have a page file.